Tuesday, February 19, 2013

And then slightly under 200 days later...

A little over six months, and I'm going to give it another go. No promises... 

Figured I'd start again with an update on my BHAGs:

Make daily devotions a lifestyle
This has been better this year. I've completed several shorter reading plans through YouVersion and am working through two more now. With the exception of about one week where I forgot to turn on the reminders, I'm reading something pretty much every day. I still need to spend more time in prayer.

Read a book a month
Not even a little bit. I don't think I've read any books since I stopped posting here. Currently I am working through For Men Only with our small group at church and 1 2 3 Magic with my wife. (Afflinks)

Be Debt Free
We've let other things become priorities with our money. We're trying to get back on track with this.

Write More

Heh, obviously that hasn't been going well.


NEW: Get Healthy
This I've been working on (along with my wife) for a little over a month. I've started using the LoseIt app for iPhone to track calories. Just thinking about what I'm eating have helped stop overeating and that along with exercise have helped me lose 15 lbs through our first four weeks. Still a long way to go, but I'm happy with the progress.

I realize this makes for boring reading, but that's not the point. I'm going to try and write a few posts and schedule them later to get things going again. Hopefully you'll hear from me again before another six months passes. If not, Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

  1. It is 5:30 in the afternoon on May 24 and I decided to check your blog page and to my surprise I discover you have started writing again. It warms my heart to see you doing what you enjoy. I wish I had checked earlier. Your BHAG's are great goals. I wish you the best in achieving them.

    ReplyDelete